So I thought I’d better start updating regularly on how this is going. First, let me lay down what exactly I’m doing on my path to adapt to Powiull sleep, which involves sleeping 15-30 minutes every 12 hours.
I tried one method over the weekend in which I went as long as I could without sleeping to better coax my body into an intense, REM nap when the time came, but I pushed my luck and didn’t go to sleep when I should have, resulting in me falling asleep and sleeping for 5 hours. I attempted again and received the same result. I am now trying an alternate method that I have tweaked to better suit what I think will lead to my success.
This method involves adapting to polyphasic sleep and then either gradually extending the awake periods as long as you can until you reach 12 hours, or by going as long as you can without sleeping as I attempted this weekend (without fully adapting to polyphasic sleep). What I am doing, starting yesterday morning when I woke up from my slumber, combines both of these methods. I am going as long as I can without sleeping, but not pushing it. If I get tired, I take a nap, resulting in multiple naps in a day. I think it will be both quicker and less painful to adapt under this method.
I have realized however that I’m not taking multiple naps, partly due to a short oversleep last night. I went all day yesterday before my first nap at 10:15 pm, a good 11 hours. I then went 7 and a half hours until the next one at 6:30 which I overslept on until 8:30 due to idiocy of turning off my alarm. It is now 5:30 and I have been up for 9 hours. I had the desire to take a nap around 1, but after occupying myself with something else, I woke back up and went to the gym. I may or may not take a nap until this evening. I feel slightly sick, but I think it is more due to the fact that I haven’t eaten since 11:30, so we’ll see how that helps. I’m not that hungry though and I feel I may end up losing appetite just as Nicholas of Conscious Flex did. I need the nutrients for working out though, so I’m going to try to eat as much as I can.
I have changed my method of naps also. Instead of sleeping lying down, I am sleeping sitting up on my bed to prevent my body from shutting down. Hopefully this will help me adapt to the daydreaming of Powiull sleep and wake up easier, though it didn’t seem to help last night. :/
I will be updating after each nap and whenever I feel the need to say something important or just observational. I will keep these all in one post and submit it in the middle of the night for you enjoyment in the morning.
7:11 pm
Eating definitely helped. It got rid of my stomach ache, but I’m still feeling the effects of adaptation. I just stood up, and got really dizzy, and for a minute had the feeling that I was going to pass out. Pretty much exactly how I feel when I give blood. I have noticed today and last night that my typing is slower, more so than I’ve noticed any other time over the course of trying to adapt.
10:00 pm
Decided to take a nap, as it was getting hard for me to read and I really need to study. Took it at 9:15 for 25 minutes and it worked like a charm. Fell asleep REALLY quickly, even sitting up, so I’m definitely happy about that. Feeling refreshed, but I don’t know how long it’s going to last. The night is long :/
7:28 am
Just woke up…from sleeping. I don’t know how, but I was in my bed. Apparently I fell asleep. I took a nap at 4:00am but I woke up and go on the computer. How I ended up falling asleep, I don’t know. :( Starting Over.
No comments:
Post a Comment