February 12, 2009

The Punisher

Lives within me. I know Steve Pavlina told Tynan that you should reward yourself for the good rather than punish yourself for the bad, but I need to be knocked into shape, so today, after oversleeping on my last nap last night and waking up at 8, I made myself skip a nap and not take one until about 3:45. I was a bit tired, but not a zombie, so I think it helped me and was perfect to get back into this. I then went and worked out, had a meeting, and took my next nap at a bit before 9 when I got back. I woke up easily and got through the next 4 hours without a hitch. I actually almost didn't even realize it was time for a nap, I felt so good. At my next nap, though, I kept finding myself subconsciously thinking about things and had to force myself to clear my mind and fall asleep. I finally did after what I would guess was about 7-8 minutes, which is a lot for me. I usually fall asleep in no more than 3 or 4. That is, since I started my polyphasic schedule. It's interesting because I used to have problems falling asleep. It would sometimes take me 30-45 minutes to fall asleep. I think I've gained a new level of focus for falling asleep. It's pretty cool. I feel that I could get myself to fall asleep in 5 minutes no matter where I am.

Anyways, I woke up a bit tired, but I woke up nonetheless and after about 10-15 minutes felt great. It's now 2:35 and I'm starting to feel a bit tired, but it's not bad. I'll take my next nap at 4:30 and my final early morning nap at 8:30. I've been finding new programs to use as a alarms on my laptop, so hopefully 2 or 3 programs playing loud rap over my speakers every few minutes, along with my 2 regular alarms and also my phone, I'll avoid oversleeping again. I shall prevail, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment